So, here we are – Wednesday of a fabulous, four day work week; half begun and half done at the same time, it doesn’t get much better than this. We’ve been blessed with phenomenal weather for the past week and my time has been consumed with great company and amazing food; believe you me, there are absolutely no complaints from this little kitten!
Since we had Monday off, I only need to be in the office one day this week – leave it to my coworkers to keep it interesting though: I got in this morning to a stripped down desk; rut roh! Apparently, five coworkers were playing ‘Musical Cubes’ right before the three day weekend and somewhere, someone had the bright idea to move all of my stuff too. Now that the dust has settled and I’m back on the computers grinding it out, I definitely need something to get my heart beating, feet moving and fingers tapping – so thank goodness I have a couple kickass mixes to keep me going today.
The first mix is from Mister Tommie Sunshine – who lately has caused quite a stir in the EDM world with his recent article on the growth of EDM in the music community, as well as the industry at large. Originally, the article was published in the Huffington Post but since then it’s made its way around the interwebs with lightning fast speed. Known for smashing basslines and eardrums, Tommie Sunshine pays homage to his Chicago House roots and lays down the funk; he even includes a few tracks from a local favorite in LA: the Hot Natured crew!
- Duke Dumont – The Giver
- Debora & Hannah Holland – Fight [Citizen Remix]
- Dan Beaumont & Terry Farley – Fire
- Rudimental feat. John Newman & Alex Clare – Not Giving In [Huxley Remix]
- Jamie Jones – Road To The Studio [Fly Mix]
- Northbrook – Dance [Tommie Sunshine Dub]
- Jamie Jones – No Rush
- Lana Del Rey – Blue Jeans [Omid 16B Remix]
- Aphex Twin – Windowlicker [Tiger Stripes Remix]
- Sidney Charles – House Lesson
- Jesse Rose – Love The Feeling High feat. Ed Weathers
- Deichkind – Leider Geil [Solomun Dub]
- Deboa & Hannah Holland – Skentello [Donewrong Miami Mix]
- Ts7 – Heartlight (Polygon)
- Fake Blood – All In The Blink
- Duke Dumont – Need U (100%) feat. A*M*E & MNEK
- Chromatics – Ceremony feat. Ida No
This second mix is from Wolfgang Gartner and was released by good people of Dancing Astronaut earlier today; every once in a while, Wolfgang really surprises me. Granted, I’ve actually never enjoyed a show of his live – but I love the production value in all of his tracks, the liberties he takes in his unreleased material and the constant evolution of him as an artist. After listening to this lovely little 90’s throwback mix I’m a little more inclined than usual to give him another chance:
Up in the number three spot, is my main DJ crush of the past year: the man, the myth, the legend, the Lee Burridge! I’ve been to three separate All Day I Dream events and each was better than the last; I’m so excited to see what he does next – but in the meantime, check out this mix from the Robot Heart bus at Burning Man 2011.
Today’s 4pm, in the homestretch tunes, are brought to you by the letters W&W. They blew me away when I saw them close for Cosmic Gate last month, and their weekly podcast – Mainstage- is what gets me through my morning runs: you just can’t help but move!